Students who live off-campus, in Northwood Apartments, or in the Munger Graduate Residences can choose one of three Block Plans or our Premium Plan for the fall and/or winter terms. Meal plans and prices listed include fall and winter terms.
Fall 2021 meal plans are still available for purchase. If you would like to purchase an optional meal plan or have questions about meal plans you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Fall meal swipes and Dining Dollars only rollover with the purchase of a Winter term meal plan. Any remaining balances at the end of the Winter term will expire.*
|55 Block||80 Block||125 Block||Premium Plan|
|# of Meals||55||55||80||80||125||125||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Block Plans are for students who would like to eat some meals in our dining halls with the flexibility to choose an on-campus café for additional meals and snacks. Choose the 55, 80 or 125 Block Plan and leave the cooking and cleanup to us.
This plan is ideal for students who plan on limiting their dining options almost exclusively to the dining halls. You come and get food from our dining halls as often as you like during regular dining hours and without the worry of running out of meals.
These can be used just like cash at more than two dozen locations across campus, including pantries, cafés, and markets located in libraries, Palmer Commons and University Unions buildings. If you run out of Dining Dollars, you can upgrade your meal plan anytime or you can supplement with Blue Bucks.
One week before and after the start of class each term, simply go to GET to charge your meal plan to your student account. At all other times, contact email@example.com. Your meal plan will automatically renew for the winter term. If you prefer another plan or would like to cancel, contact us within two weeks from the start of class each term. For a full listing of terms the detailed outline of the optional meal plan contract can be found here.
To sign up for a spring or summer meal plan email firstname.lastname@example.org with your UMID requesting for a spring or summer meal plan to be added. You must be a registered student for the semester you would like to add a meal plan.
You will have 2 weeks from the start of class to cancel your optional meal plan. Cancellations can be made via email by emailing email@example.com requesting the cancellation and including your UMID number in the request. Or, you can request to cancel your meal plan by visiting dining.umich.edu/cancel-optional-meal-plan and filling out the form.
The deadline to cancel your Fall 21 term meal plan is 11:59 pm on Monday, September 13th.
- Unused Dining Dollars and Block Plan meals carry over from the fall term to the winter term only if you do not cancel your winter term meal plan. Otherwise, both expire at the end of the term. All unused Dining Dollars and Block Plan meals expire at the end of winter term. You must have your Mcard and an active meal plan to enter the dining hall.
- If you have both spring and summer term meal plans, your Dining Dollars will roll over from spring to summer term. Dining Dollars expire at the end of the summer term.
- You must show your Mcard and have an active meal plan to enter the dining hall.
- You may not transfer meals, share your meal plan, or loan your Mcard to any other person for the purpose of entering the dining hall. Allowing unauthorized use of meal plan privileges may result in additional charges, cancellation of meal plan privileges without a refund and referral to the Student Conduct Resolution Process.
- You can use GET to check your meal plan account balance 24/7.
- Parents, guardians, or others can instantly add Blue Bucks to your account at any time (a handy feature when you’re running low on cash) by visiting GET.
- One week from the start of class each term, you can use GET to choose a different meal plan that better meets your dining needs.
- You can upgrade your meal plan at any time during the term. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meal plan prices are listed per year.
- You must email email@example.com within two weeks from the start of class each term to cancel a meal plan for that term. The exact date is listed in the meal plan contract.
- Meal plans automatically renew for the winter term but can be canceled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks from the start of class each term. The exact date is listed in the meal plan contract.
- The full contract agreement can be found here