Michigan Dining is now hiring Marketing Interns for the 2022 Fall semester!
Michigan Dining is one of the nation’s largest campus dining operations featuring nine dining halls, catering services, and more than two dozen markets and cafés located across the Ann Arbor campus. The Michigan Dining marketing team works to create a memorable social experience for members of the University community and campus visitors while highlighting delicious food and hosting engaging events.
Hours per week: Approximately 15-20 hours per week, with flexibility on schedule to meet intern needs. Currently a hybrid of remote and in-person work.
Compensation: $12 per hour
Michigan Dining’s Marketing team is looking to hire a number of students to support daily marketing efforts. Potential student roles include:
- Market Research Assistant
- Newsletter Creation
- Social Media Management
- Event Support
- Design Support
Job responsibilities will vary depending on the role offered.
Market Research Assistant:
- Gather post-promotion data and create monthly reports
- Organize brief surveys and collect feedback from students
- Analyze website traffic data via Google Analytics
- Development of Michigan Dining website
- Support Digital Board content
- Write newsletter content for The Bite, a campus-wide newsletter for all things Michigan Dining
- Capture photos and interview students and staff for newsletter content
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to stay up to date on dining events
- Post dining events to the Happening @ Umich page
Social Media Management
- Management of social media calendar and accounts
- Content creation and photography
- Interact with students and family members on Michigan Dining’s social media accounts
- Stay up to date on current social media trends
- Assist with planning, organizing, and hosting events
- Take the lead to organize tastings and pop-up events
- Take photos at events and interact with students
- Commit to a certain number of events to attend each month, including night and weekend work
- Act as a brand ambassador for Michigan Dining
- Assist the Marketing team with the creation of digital and print materials for Michigan Dining and the Maize and Blue Cupboard
- Collaborate with social media interns to design content for online audiences
- Provide support with the creation of flyers and signage for events
- Conduct marketing audits to ensure correct signage at Michigan Dining locations
- Strategically set up promo tables and end caps in retail spaces
- Brainstorm new and effective ways to display products in retail spaces
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Customer service experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people of various social, cultural, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently
- General knowledge of graphic design tools is a plus
- Prior marketing related experience is a plus
2-year commitment preferred.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Kelly Guralewski firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Marketing Intern”. If interested in a social media or design role, please include a design sample.