Michigan Dining participates in service activities focused on hunger relief and sustainable food systems in support of many community organizations.
- Food Recovery Network – Through a network of Food Recovery Network volunteers, Michigan Dining donates dining hall food that would otherwise go to waste for distribution to community organizations.
- Food Gatherers – At the end of each term, perishable food is donated to Food Gatherers, a food bank in Washtenaw County’s food bank.
- Local Food Summit – Michigan Dining has been a sponsor of this event designed to promote a sustainable, equitable food system in southeast Michigan.
- University of Michigan Sustainable Food Program – Michigan Dining provides advisory and financial support to this umbrella organization that includes the Campus Farm and 13 student organizations engaged in building a sustainable food system.
- Student Projects and Research – We welcome appropriate research and class projects involving Michigan Dining staff and facilities or using data about our operations.