Students who live off-campus, in Northwood Apartments, or in the Munger Graduate Residences can choose one of three Block Plans or our Unlimited Plan for the fall and/or winter terms. When signing up for a meal plan during the fall term you are committing to an optional meal plan for the full academic year as meal plans auto-renew for the winter term. Please see “How to Change Your Plan” and “How to Cancel Your Plan” for more information on how to change or cancel your Winter term meal plan.
The last day to use your Fall 2023 Meal Plan is December 15, 2023, at 7 pm. Remaining meal swipes and Dining Dollars will roll over as long as you remain enrolled in a Winter 2024 term Meal Plan. Winter term Meal Plans will begin January 7, 2024.
If you have questions about meal plans you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional Meal Plans – Fall 2023 & Winter 2024
|# of Meals
Block Plans are for students who would like to eat some meals in our dining halls with the flexibility to choose an on-campus café for additional meals and snacks. Choose the 55, 80, or 125 Block Plan and leave the cooking and cleanup to us.
This plan is ideal for students who plan on limiting their dining options almost exclusively to the dining halls. You come and get food from our dining halls as often as you like during regular dining hours and without the worry of running out of meals. The cost of this plan is subject to proration. Please see “How to Cancel Your Plan” for more information.
These can be used just like cash at more than two dozen locations across campus, including pantries, cafés, and markets located in libraries, Palmer Commons, and University Unions buildings. If you run out of Dining Dollars, you can upgrade your meal plan anytime or you can supplement with Blue Bucks.
How to Buy a Plan
Two weeks before and after the start of class each term, simply go to GET to charge your meal plan to your student account. At all other times, contact email@example.com. Your meal plan will automatically renew for the winter term. If you prefer another plan or would like to cancel, contact us within two weeks from the start of class each term. For a full listing of terms, the detailed outline of the fall-winter optional meal plan contract can be found here.
How to Change Your Plan
You may downgrade your plan at any time during the first two weeks from the start of class for the fall and winter terms by visiting GET. You may upgrade your plan at any time during the first two weeks from the start of class for the fall and winter terms by visiting GET, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org after the online change period closes. To learn more, contact us at email@example.com.
How to Cancel Your Plan
You have 2 weeks from the start of class to cancel your optional meal plan. Cancellations can be made via email by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the cancellation and including your UMID number in the request. Or, you can request to cancel your meal plan by visiting dining.umich.edu/cancel-optional-meal-plan and filling out the form. If your meal plan is canceled during the first two weeks of each term, your meal plan refund is subject to proration. Any meals used in the winter term before the cancellation of the winter term meal plan are subject to charge at the single meal rate and will be charged against the refund issued. If a meal plan is canceled for the winter term any remaining meals or funds from the fall term are forfeited.
The deadline to cancel your Fall 23 term meal plan is 11:59 pm on Monday, September 11th.
The deadline to cancel your Winter 24 term meal plan is 11:59 pm on Wednesday, January 24th.
What you should know about Meal Plans
- Unused Dining Dollars and Block Plan meals carry over from the fall term to the winter term only if you do not cancel your winter term meal plan. Otherwise, both expire at the end of the term. All unused Dining Dollars and Block Plan meals expire at the end of winter term.
- You must show your Mcard and have an active meal plan to enter the dining hall.
- You may not transfer meals, share your meal plan, or loan your Mcard to any other person for the purpose of entering the dining hall. Allowing unauthorized use of meal plan privileges may result in additional charges, cancellation of meal plan privileges without a refund, and referral to the Student Conduct Resolution Process.
- You can use GET to check your meal plan account balance 24/7.
- Parents, guardians, or others can instantly add Blue Bucks to your account at any time (a handy feature when you’re running low on cash) by visiting GET.
- Two weeks from the start of class each term, you can use GET to choose a different meal plan that better meets your dining needs.
- You can upgrade your meal plan at any time during the term. To learn more, contact email@example.com.
- Meal plans are billed per semester.
- You must email firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks from the start of class each term to cancel a meal plan for that term. The exact date is listed in the meal plan contract.
- Meal plans automatically renew for the winter term but can be canceled by emailing email@example.com within two weeks from the start of class each term. The exact date is listed in the meal plan contract.
- The full contract agreement for fall and winter can be found here